Using a power washer to clean your car or home can be a lot of fun. But it can also be quite expensive in terms of water usage.
You should consider these ways to save water when using a power washer.
- Use the low-pressure setting when washing your car: If you have an electric power washer, you will only need to use the low-pressure setting for around 20 minutes which will save up to 80% of water consumption. You can also use this setting for washing your patio furniture and other delicate items and surfaces such as bricks and pavers.
- Use the high-pressure setting when scrubbing concrete: When cleaning concrete, it is important that you use high pressure at all times as it helps in removing mold and stuck grease on the surface. When using automated machines, it is possible to note the error beep when the machine fails to auto-switch the setting. Such sounds always signify of reduced water level in the water source.
More and more people are choosing to use power washers for their cleaning needs. But, before you start using a power washer, you should know how to save water when using it. Here are more ways to save water when using a power washer.
- Use soap sparingly: Soap is an effective cleaner and degreaser, but it also requires water to clean and remove the dirt.
- Wash with cold or warm water: Cold water can help prevent the growth of bacteria and mold that can cause health problems in the long run, while warm water will help wash away residue faster without causing damage to your car or home's surfaces.
- Use a stream instead of a spray: You can use the stream function on your power washer to create a gentle spray that won't remove as much dirt from surfaces like it would with the high pressure spray function.
- Use the low-pressure rinse mode: This mode uses less water and has more pressure than the high-pressure rinse mode. It is perfect for areas that require delicate cleaning such as windows or delicate
If you are looking to conserve water and reduce your costs, then a power washer is not for you. But if you want to make sure that everything in your home or office gets cleaned in time and without any hassle, then a power washer can help.
Best Ways to Reduce Water Consumption when using a Power Washer
Using a power washer can be a great way for homeowners to clean their home, but it can also be costly. There are several ways that you can reduce your water consumption when using a power washer.
- Use the power washer for small jobs only
- Use a nozzle with an adjustable spray pattern
- Avoid using the power washer on hard surfaces or surfaces that have been painted.
- Use less detergent than you normally would
- Don't use the power washer on concrete or brick pavers
This means when purchasing the machine you need to be sure of what you are buying. That’s why it is best to purchase from popular vendors such as Giraffe tools and collections.